GRAND CHAPTER SPECIAL COMMITTEES 2012-2013
These descriptions are highlights of each committee.
The General Chairmen and Sectional Chairmen will give the Regional Appointments in depth directions, suggestions, and guidelines.
The Regional Appointments will share the information with the Chapter Representatives.
GRAND CHAPTER SPECIAL COMMITTEES 2012 – 2013
BFF – Building Fraternal Families
· Support of Masonic Youth groups by involvement in their activities not just with donations
· Encourage inactive members to attend meetings/chapter activities with cards/phone calls
· Attend other Masonic groups’ activities
· Seek out opportunities to get new members to petition our Order
Caring and Sharing
· Proceeds from events support the Fraternal Committee
· Chapters will be asked to donate a basket OR a monetary donation for their event
· Committee Appointments will be asked to provide a themed centerpiece to be auctioned after lunch
· Western Event December 1, 2012
· Central Event March 2, 2013
· Eastern Event February 23, 2013
· Proceeds benefit MS 50%, Cancer 20%, VA 15%, Youth 15%
· We will be selling flashlights (a small version for $5 and a large version for $12)
· These will be the only items sold in the chapters. We will provide the items to the chapters rather than take orders. More items can be requested if needed by the chapter representatives.
· Encourage members to volunteer in their community
· Report hours served
· Recognition of special efforts made by members
· Honor 50 year members as well as extended service 60, 70, 75 years…
· Consider moving recognition to Sunday at Sessions (Come to Divine Service with their family, recognition on the floor, brunch with families and guests)
· Raise funds by having Village Festivals
· There will be a chapter OR regional project. The Regional Appointment will decide on the type of project.
· Western Village Festival March 16, 2013
· Central Village Festival October 6, 2012
· Eastern Village Festival February 16, 2013
· Warminster Village Visit September 12, 2012
· Editor and Sectional Chairman, no Regional Appointments
· Chapter representatives will send articles to the Sectional Chairman who will assist with typing, editing, and layout
Unity Day - September 1, 2012
· Each Worthy Matron will plan an activity to bring their members and their families together for a time of fun and fellowship. It could simply be to meet at Dairy Queen and have ice cream together, go to church together, or it could be a full day at a park. We will ask for a report from each Worthy Matron. This activity should be planned for September 1 or close to that date.
· No regional appointment
· Each Chapter will be assigned a Veterans Facility
· Each Chapter will set up a visit with the representative from the facility
· Collect items needed by the facility
· Ambassadors of goodwill
· Some will have special assignments
Aluminum for Education – Proceeds go to Educational Scholarship & ESTARL
Stamps for Education – Proceeds go to Educational Scholarship & ESTARL